Apply Via IRC website
Requisition ID: req9860
Job Title: Community Based-ECE Technical Review Consultant
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The IRC Lebanon Country Program is looking for a Technical Consultant to coordinate and lead the discussions and suggestions related to the revision of the CB ECE curriculum and materials for the Community Based Early Childhood Education program, in close collaboration with the MEHE/PMU department, CERD and NGO implementing partners.
The consultant hired will need strong skills and background in Early Childhood Education including developing content skills such as curriculum design and interactive content which promote creative and invigorating learning techniques. The consultant will need to conduct field consultations to North, Beqaa, South and Mount Lebanon areas to conduct needed education assessments with the teachers and children if needed aiming to collect more comments and to highlight successful practices. He/she will also have a set of agreed meetings with MEHE/PMU, the CERD and partner NGOs.
1. SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES:
A. Lead coordination with MEHE-PMU, CERD and NGO implementing partners on CB-ECE technical assessment.
B. Lead feedback collection process and analysis and validate with PMU/MEHE and partners.
C. Design, plan and facilitate National Workshop with key stakeholders in CB-ECE.
D. Develop a report with key findings, learning and recommendations for next steps.
2. DELIVERABLES AND PROPOSED TIMELINE
Lead coordination of assessment and feedback collection process with MEHE-PMU and CB-ECE implementing partners
Roll out of feedback collection process and tools with CB-ECE implementing partners
Conduct Key informant interviews with key stakeholders as indicated by MEHE-PMU and IRC
Process and analysis of data collected to identify key areas of focus for revision process
Design and preparation for National Workshop with key stakeholders
Facilitations of a National workshop with key stakeholders
Final report with analysis of learnings, recommendations and next steps for revision process.
To be negotiated with consultant and detailed in the formal service contract. Proposed payment schedule would include 25% of total payment upon successful completion of each phase, as outlined above.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Integrated Early Childhood Development Coordinator (Lebanon)
Indirectly Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, Early Childhood Development (NYC)
Position directly supervises: N/A (may supervise the CB-ECE consultant, if hiring occurs during the time of consultancy)
Internal: Regional Ahlan Simsim team, HQ Ahlan Simsim team, other IRC programs and support departments.
External: Relevant donors, NGOS, DPOs, universities, partners, ministries, stakeholders, and government agencies.
- Masters level qualification in Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Human Development, Social Work, or related subject
- Proven experience in managing and/or technically supporting early childhood development, education or child protection programs
- Prior experience and excellent understanding of working in emergency settings or insecure environments
- Strong project management and reporting skills;
- Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PTT, Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment and effective in representation
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic and French is an asset.
- The consultant will based at IRC offices with meetings to be organized when planned at PMU/MEHE and possible visits to the field programs and/or other partner NGOs as requested for the CB ECE revision.